Cold Kitchen = Hot Profits. The CIA’s Garde Manger training DVDs will show you how to prepare and present a variety of items from the cold kitchen that are sure to entice your customers.
Contrasting colors, flavors, texture, heights, and temperature all play a role in the arrangement of a composed salad. During this segment you will:
- Practice techniques for preparing and presenting several kinds of composed salads.
- Receive tips for developing your own creations.
Condiments are the “workhorse” of garde manger—tart, spicy, or pungent, these items boost the flavor of any dish. In this segment, you will:
- Learn the basic recipes for the five most commonly used
- Explore variations on these recipes.
- Discover effective ways to use condiments in hors d’oeuvre and appetizers.
condiments—mustard, ketchup, chutney, relish, and pickles.
Presenting Appetizers and Hors d’Oeuvre
In this essential training companion for anyone who handles garde manger functions, you will:
- Discover the elegance of the first course.
- Study the key elements of successful appetizers—ingredient selection, presentation, and plating and service techniques.