Industry surveys consistently show that service is the number one reason customers return to a restaurant. That means food service professionals must go beyond culinary excellence to ensure success. They must offer exceptional service, the type of service that makes guests feel comfortable, makes dining enjoyable, and creates customer loyalty.
Exceeding Expectations: Service Tips & Techniques to Keep Your Customers Coming Back, the CIA’s latest front-of-the-house training DVD, provides a comprehensive lesson in the principles, standards, and practices that define outstanding service. Whether you are a fine-dining, café, casual, or family-style restaurant, your wait staff will benefit from Exceeding Expectations.
- Dining Room Guidelines
- Table Setting and Hospitality Basics
- Tray Handling
- Beverage Service
- Taking Reservations
- Pre-meal Meeting
- Seating and Order taking
- First Course Service and Clearing
- Entrée Service and De-crumbing
- Dessert Orders and Check Handling
- Dining Room Safety
- Sanitation and Personal Hygiene
- Bonus features include napkin folds and printable checklist